February 19, 2016: NHIAA Meet of Champions Update from Chris Naimie, Race Coordinator
- Each skier will only use one bib for the day ... the bib corresponding to their starting position in the freestyle race (wave start). Each division will start in a single lane in the classical race, with the racers seeded by finish order in their respective state championships.
- Reminder of start times for each event (with name of racesplitter file in parentheses)
10:01AM - Boys Classical Race (NHIAA_MOC_BC.rsrace)
10:31AM - Girls Classical Race (NHIAA_MOC_GC.rsrace)
1:01PM - Boys Freestyle Race (NHIAA_MOC_BF.rsrace)
1:31PM - Girls Freestyle Race (NHIAA_MOC_GF.rsrace)
- Please remember that there is no indoor facility at the race venue.
- We will have a coaches meeting at the finish line, at 9:30AM. Payment will be collected at that time and scratches will be recorded then also.
- Start Lists
February 3rd, 2016:
After thorough review of alternative race sites and the weather forecast, the NHNCA Coaches Series Race organizers have made the decision to cancel the Coaches Series Race #2, scheduled to take place at White Mountains Regional High School on Saturday, Feb. 6th.
U16 and EHSC NH Team coaches have been reviewing results of eligible skiers for their teams and posted teams as noted below. Skiers in the automatic qualifying positions (top 24) who are declining to participate at U16/EHSC's are requested to notify team leaders as soon as possible!
2016 NH U16 Team:
· Top 24 girls and top 24 boys qualify for the team. The list of the top 35 girls and boys can be found at: http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/j2-race/ Alternates will be selected in chronological order in the event a skier in the top 24 declines.
· All U16 Team information and updates leading up to the event will be under "Updates" and located at http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/j2-race/
· Date to commit and have paperwork/ checks postmarked by is Feb. 8th to hold a place on the U16Team. Please send all paperwork through the mail to address noted on website. All forms can be found at: http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/eligibility-information/ (scroll to bottom)
· Please contact Team Leader Steve Olafsen with any questions at email@example.com
2016 NH EHSC Team:
· Top 24 girls and top 24 boys qualify for the team. The list of the top 35 girls and boys can be found at: http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/eastern-high-school-championships Alternates will be selected in chronological order in the event a skier in the top 24 declines.
· EHSC Team updates will be sent via the facebook group: Team NH: EHSC 2016
· Date to commit and have paperwork/ checks postmarked by is Feb. 8th to hold a place on the EHSC Team. Please send all paperwork through the mail to address noted on website. All forms can be found at: http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/eligibility-information/ (scroll to bottom)
· Please contact Team Leader Chris Naimie with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches Series Race #1 Awards:
The award presentation from Coaches Series Race #1 is still to be determined. The NHNCA Coach of the Year Award will be presented at Spring Coaches Meeting.
No refunds on 2016 race fees are available, but discount options for next year’s race are under discussion.
Congratulations to our skiers who have qualified to represent NH at the New England Nordic Ski Association’s U16 and Eastern High School Championships in March, and a big congratulations to all of our teams, coaches and families for their perseverance in what continues to be a very challenging ski season.
January 29th, 2016:
1. NHNCA Coaches Series Race #2 is coming right up, scheduled to take place at White Mountains Regional High School in Whitefield on Saturday, February 6th. Race day schedule has been posted, course and venue maps will be posted on the website as soon as they are available: http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/nh-series/ Please remember to bring your athletes bibs from Race #1, as well as an extra supply of elastics/pins. Volunteer assignments will be sent out on Tuesday.
2. Please pass along to your families that there will be NHNCA merchandise for sale including T-shirts, sweatshirts (courtesy of Shirts Happen), NH buffs and Team NH uniforms. Bring cash and support NH skiing!
3. Please note the Waiver to Compete Policy that must be followed for any skier who is unable to compete in Race #2 but still wishes to be considered for the NH U16/EHSC team:
4. We are in need of a photographer to film the races with a drone! Please contact Emily for more info at email@example.com .
5. Support NH skiing and shop at S&W Sports in Concord this Saturday, January 30th. 10% of all sales will support the NHNCA!
January 17, 2016:
1. Coaches Series Race #1 will be a classic race.
2. Teams are asked to use their buses as their team meeting locations, as we will not be near the Touring Center. There will not be access to power, so please be prepared to bring small generators if necessary.
3. COACHES ONLY will be allowed to pick up their team packets day of race at the venue, exact location tone determined. PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR SKIERS RACE BIBS AT THE END OF THE RACE AS THEY WILL BE USED IN COACHES SERIES RACE #2 FEBRUARY 6TH.
4. Complete schedule, venue/parking and course maps will be posted within the next couple of days on the website.
5. We will be sending out volunteer instructions in the next couple of days as well.
6. There are teams that still have some issues with their registrations. All spreadsheets have been locked out at this time by Race Coordinator Steve Piotrow.
Please go the to "Totals" spreadsheet and scroll over to the right to be sure your team "status" is marked "complete". If not, you must contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no day of race registration.
7. TEAM PAYMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO FIRST RACE!!! For payment details, go to http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/nh-series-registration/
January 3, 2016: Coaches Series Registration Details:
o All skiers must have completed a liability waiver to be able to compete in the Coaches Series races. We are finding some waivers with parent names as the participant or with parent/guardian signatures missing. Make sure your skiers fill these forms out carefully!!
o Please check to make sure that your skier “waiver” #'s match your skier #'s. Also, 'waiver' names should match 'skier' names -- the spreadsheet has a formula which looks for waiver/skier discrepancies. If there is a discrepancy, it's usually a misspelling on the entry or a shortened version of a first name (i.e. Ben instead of Benjamin). Since the waiver submissions were made by the skiers (or parents) themselves, it's probably better to stick with those.
o Please refer all families to the NHNCA websites for race updates at http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/nh-series/. We will be updating the site with schedule information as we get closer to race day.
o From our Treasurer: Team payments are to be sent at the same time you register your team. Deadline is January 9th. Please let our Treasurer Jim Young( email@example.com ) know if your school has a bi-weekly or monthly payment system and make certain you have filed all necessary paperwork with your business office. We do not want a school to be denied racing because of a business office issue. For all registration details go to http://www.nhnordiccoaches.org/nh-series-registration/
Wax policy: Just a reminder that the following policy was adopted at our Fall Coaches Meeting:
“For regular season Nordic races, the use of only LF and lower grade waxes is permissible. This rule does not apply to NH Series races, State Championships, or the Meet of Champions”
This policy is similar to those being adopted in other parts of the country as well as at the college racing level. Here is an interesting article regarding this issue:
Coach of the Year Award: This will be the first year that we will be selecting an NHNCA Coach of the Year. As voted at the Spring 2015 Coaches Meeting, we will:
“…name as NHNCA Coach of the Year a coach who participates in the NH Series race and who gets the most votes from all other coaches participating in the Series races, based on the criteria of contributing to the long term development of skiers in NH….Coach of the Year Award will be awarded at the second NH Series race by input from all coaches by one week before the date of the second NH Series race”.
Other criteria to consider when casting your vote should be:
o Models good sportsmanship,
o Shows respect and support for all skiers, families, coaches and officials
o Good rapport and communication with their team
December 17th, 2015: Please remind your skiers' families to complete liability waiver forms by December 24th. Steve Piotrow, NH Series Coordinator, will be sending out the NH Series registration information after Christmas and all skiers must have a liability form on file in order to compete.
November 14th, 2015: Waiver and Liability forms will be completed this year via an on-line process. Please instruct your skiers to complete the form located on the NHNCA website. They must fill in all fields on the form and hit "submit". Their information will be recorded onto a Google spreadsheet, as well as populating individual team spreadsheets. When you register your skiers for the NH Series races you will have access to your team's spreadsheets and you will be able to see how many of your skiers have completed their waiver forms. Please ask your families to complete waiver forms BEFORE Dec. 24th. Any questions please contact Emily Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 27th, 2015: The following wax agreement was passed unanimously at the Fall Coaches Meeting: “For regular season Nordic races, the use of only LF and lower grade waxes is permissible. This rule does not apply to NH Series races, State Championships, or the Meet of Champions”